"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lonestar State Cheesecake

Be sure and visit "Foodie Friday" at Designs By Gollum.
Lonestar State Cheesecake
(Recipe adapted from Christina Common Tuschen by Sunny Anderson)


This turned out to be one of my favourite cheesecakes of all time............in my neck of the woods we don't have any Cheesecake Factory Restaurants in Toronto. But, but when we go to Buffalo for our shopping trips we always stop in for some cheesecake. Then I found Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes in the frozen section of Sam's. To make my story shorter they closed them all down the Sam's shopping stores here for some reason. Well I was heartbroken till I found this recipe watching Sunny Anderson on her cooking show. I made this recipe and my Family gave it a thumb's up!!!!!!
2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
6 to 8 Tbsp. butter melted
4 (8 oz.) pakages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar, plus
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sour cream
1 pint blueberries
1 pint strawberiies, sliced

9 inch springform pan.......

Preheat oven to 325 deg.F.
In a food processor blend crumbs and melted butter till moist but not wet.
Press into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
In a large bowl, using an electric beater, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and the lemon juice, till light and smooth.
Slowly mix in eggs then pour into the prepared pan.
Bake 55 minutes or until the center sets.
Turn off oven and remove cake.

In a medium bowl mix together sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
Spread this over the top of the cheesecake and return to the warm oven for 30 minutes.
Remove then let cool to room temperature before removing springform.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss together blueberries and sliced strawberries with remaing sugar.

To serve.........slice cheesecake into wedges and serve with fruit.
I sometimes use different fruits like raspberries, peaches, basically whatever fruits are in season...............or some kind of sauce for example chocolate.

...............here we had it with whole strawberries.





Thank you for stopping by!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a cheesecake! I can't believe that they closed down the Sam's -- that is very interesting -- I thought WM only grew -- never closed down unless they built new!

    Beautiful pictures -- I've just had breakfast and you have me yearning for cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks seriously sinfully good! I will bookmark that one for sure. thanks for making such a nice comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creamy and delicious looking cheesecake.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete